POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Turing determination : Re: Turing determination Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Turing determination
From: andrel
Date: 23 Jul 2009 19:13:47
Message: <4A68EEAB.4010503@hotmail.com>
On 23-7-2009 10:30, Invisible wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>
>> Aside: Your cell phone's state space far exceeds the number of
>> particles in the universe multiplied by the age of the universe
>> measured in Planck times. What was your point?
>
> Damn, that's a nice calculation. I wish I had the data to do crap like
> that! :-D

Not that difficult. Your cellphone has presumably several megabytes of
storage. One MB corresponds to roughly 10^(2400000) states. (8million
bits 2^10N is approx 10^3N)
Number of particles in the universe, don't know, but number of atoms is
generally though to be around 10^80. Number of particles is much larger
say by a factor of 10^10 (which may be an overestimation). total so far
10^90. Age of the universe 3.5e17 seconds. Planck time 5.4e-44. so about
6e60 planck times. Multiply:  6e150 which still leaves a factor of
10^2399849 to play with.

Probably lots of math mistakes, but you get the point.