POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Video Game FPS vs RPG : Re: Video Game FPS vs RPG Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:10:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Video Game FPS vs RPG
From: andrel
Date: 8 Jul 2009 02:17:39
Message: <4A543A03.3040606@hotmail.com>
On 8-7-2009 6:09, Darren New wrote:
> I never realized before that when people talk about an "RPG" game, they
> mean one involving "leveling up". I always thought it had something to
> do with, I dunno, role playing or something. :-)
>
> For quite some time, I couldn't figure out why Bioshock was an "RPG" and
> not an "FPS."

According to wikipedia 'BioShock is a first-person shooter with
role-playing game customization and stealth elements'. Given the choice
from these two descriptions I think I would also choose the one that
suggests using your brain in stead of the one that suggests simple
braindead violence. Not so much for the players, but for the parents.