POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? : Re: An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An example of confirmation bias?
From: andrel
Date: 5 Jul 2009 15:08:25
Message: <4A50FA26.9030908@hotmail.com>
On 5-7-2009 19:03, Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> As long as we take one another's religion serious and don't try to
>> make fun of what differs from what we believe, there should not be a
>> problem.
>
> I don't think the atheists would have a problem with it if the faithful
> everywhere were tolerant as well.

Many religious people are very tolerant. Problem is that you mainly hear
the others.

> When it's still the death penalty to
> change which prophet you believe in large parts of the world, there's
> still good reason to argue it, methinks.

With China a nice example that a government can be atheist and still put
people to death for having a religion with one or more gods. And you
don't even need a god, a little collective exercise may be enough. The
main reason most intolerant groups and governments are religious is
simple because also most tolerant ones are.