POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The future will be ok! : Re: The future will be ok! Server Time
9 Oct 2024 04:02:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The future will be ok!
From: andrel
Date: 30 Jun 2009 02:18:04
Message: <4A49AE1C.2020109@hotmail.com>
On 30-6-2009 2:08, Tim Attwood wrote:
>>  The significant increase in CO2 emissions by humans in the last 100
>> years and the significant increase in CO2 levels in the atmosphere in
>> the last 100 years is certainly a heck of a coincidence.
>

> historically,

much, much less. Simply because there were less people. I am pretty sure
that if you keep the population at historical levels of a few million
you can reach an equilibrium.

> they used to burn a lot of wood and coal though.

yes to cook mostly and in the colder regions to keep warm in the winter.
Burning of fuel was less efficient and I don't know if that compensates
for increased mobility and use of electricity around the house. My guess
would be that an average US citizen does burn more carbon than, say, the
average San or Inuit. I might be brainwashed by extreme left wing
journalists though.