POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The future will be ok! : Re: The future will be ok! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The future will be ok!
From: andrel
Date: 29 Jun 2009 06:04:29
Message: <4A4891AD.50102@hotmail.com>
On 29-6-2009 11:08, Invisible wrote:
> Chambers wrote:
>> Except climate... we f***ed that one up.
>>
>> http://xkcd.com/603/
>
> I don't think it has *ever* been the case that intelligent people had
> more children.

Unless the intelligent persons survived longer themselves or, if they
were male, had more than one wife. In (regular) chimps the alpha male
(who is often intelligent) might prevent lower ranking apes mating. Not
sure if that had a counterpart in humanity or that we were always more
like bonobos.
For some other (fictional) counterexamples see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droit_de_seigneur