POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : UK mains voltage : Re: UK mains voltage Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:26:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UK mains voltage
From: andrel
Date: 15 Jun 2009 14:29:16
Message: <4A3692FE.2020408@hotmail.com>
On 15-6-2009 19:26, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> I once saw an operation on TV. They cut open a guy's chest, ripped
>>> his ripcage apart, and inside was his heart. I swear, it honestly
>>> looked like it was trying to CLIMB THE HELL OUT OF HIS BODY AND RUN
>>> AWAY!! O_O
>>>
>>> *shivers*
>>
>> Was that a dramatazation or an actual procedure?
>
> It was meant to be the real thing. Apparently there was something or
> other wrong with this guy's heart, so they were going to rip it out and
> stick a new one in. (I wasn't really paying attention.) The new heart
> looked rather limp and pale. But the still-beating one looked evil! (And
> several sizes too big for the chest cavity, BTW...)

I think I would not use 'rip' and 'stick' to describe the procedure.
That the heart to be explanted is big and ugly is to be expected. The
ones I see are all failing hearts and these are huge, and if the patient
is older they are yellow with fat. Yes, I do sometimes see them. Guess
what we are doing with them...