POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Censored Chuck Lorre Productions : Re: Censored Chuck Lorre Productions Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:14:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Censored Chuck Lorre Productions
From: andrel
Date: 13 Jun 2009 15:52:01
Message: <4A340361.8050204@hotmail.com>
On 13-6-2009 20:14, Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> FYI I even took the time to google "Golly Moses, She's a Muffin". Even
>> that did not clear up any of my confusions.
>
> When Chuck Lore produces a serial TV show,

Forgive my ignorance, but who is Chuck Lore? (Meaning that even though I
know how to use Google, it is not a name I had heard before)

> he flashes after the credits
> and before the ads a chunk of plain text, black on white, for half a
> second. It's called a "vanity card."  They're usually kind of funny, or
> poignant, or so on. You have to pause the recording to even read it.
>
> This one was talking about how the FCC would censor sex but not
> violence, and for some reason he thinks the FCC wanted him not to flash
> it or some such.

I still don't get the timing. Was "Golly Moses, She's a Muffin" a show
that was aired on 10 Apr 2006? If so, why is aQ referring to that 12
June 2009 as if it was happening tonight (or last night)?

> It hasn't anything to do with the specific show.

I.e. it is not related in content

Metapost: it is not that I think this is important or relevant. Just
that I prefer people to post messages that are comprehensible. Both in
the sense of making sense and of being understandable for (almost)
everyone in this group.