POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Passion of the Christ : Re: Passion of the Christ Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:14:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Passion of the Christ
From: andrel
Date: 13 Jun 2009 04:25:29
Message: <4A33627A.3@hotmail.com>
On 13-6-2009 0:16, Darren New wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> You might be surprised to know that most atheists I know are atheist
>> to the "existing" definitions of gods, but fall all over the line with
>> respect to how "likely" it is that there is more to the universe, and
>> what that even "means".
>
> Here's a thought. I wonder what atheists would say to the question:
>
> "Do you believe that if there is life elsewhere in the universe, it
> might have been designed by a higher intelligence?"

Well, as the human species we are going to design life somewhere within
a few decades, depending on your definition of life. I have problems
with a definition of 'higher' (as 'equal' seems sufficient) and I am not
sure if there is life elsewhere in the universe. Other than that my
answer is yes, but it gives you no useful information.