POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Passion of the Christ : Re: Passion of the Christ Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Passion of the Christ
From: andrel
Date: 12 Jun 2009 13:44:22
Message: <4A3293F7.5090907@hotmail.com>
On 12-6-2009 19:23, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 17:10:56 +0200, andrel wrote:
>
>> That it is only very recently that most scientists are either agnostics,
>> atheists, or at least not convinced that a God exists.
>
> I'd be interested to know the source for that statistic, because that's
> the first time I've heard it cited.  I think you'd find a surprisingly
> large number of people who work in scientific fields also go to church
> regularly.

I don't have statistics, just my personal experience to draw upon. And
going to church or being religious is rather uncommon here. From the
people I worked with I know only 2 who did, even if there were 10 times
as many that I do no know of, it would still be less than 10%

It may be different in the US. Even so how do you explain this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Things-Computer-Scientist-Language-Information/dp/157586326X
Note to the people not in the field: Don Knuth is a big name in CS.
Known a.o. for 'The art of computer programming' and TeX