POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Real Americans V. The Plague : Re: Real Americans V. The Plague Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Real Americans V. The Plague
From: andrel
Date: 11 Jun 2009 13:41:26
Message: <4A3141C6.7080807@hotmail.com>
On 11-6-2009 17:55, alphaQuad wrote:
> Real Americans V. The Plague
>
> When a REAL American sees a topic they don't agree with, they usually ignore it

> of view, I'll defend to my death your right to say it".
>
> The plague of mankind will try to silence someone when his or her meager
> intellect is threatened by a new idea. Like the Jews wanted Jesus silenced,
> like Warp and Jim Henderson want me silenced. And apparently it is the Truth
> that is most unacceptable to these types.

I think you misunderstood them. Their point was something along the line
of: There is no point in reiterating a discussion especially if the only
point seems to be to restart a flaming competition. That may not have
been your intention but if so that was not clear from your post.

Discussions can be reopened only if new facts become available or new
and interesting points of view are presented.

Warp is well known for being allergic to discussions about religion and
in particular when conservative Christians might come under attack. As
such you can disregard his opinion, it is well-known and found
irrelevant by a sufficiently large sub-population here.

Also be careful with statements like 'Like the Jews wanted Jesus
silenced' there are people here that know enough of what actual happened
in biblical times to dispute that. Again, we have had that discussion
before, so there is no need to reopen the debate. KTHXBYE

[snipped the usual conspiracy theories]