POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lame : Re: Lame Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:13:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lame
From: andrel
Date: 9 Jun 2009 12:03:32
Message: <4A2E87D5.8080100@hotmail.com>
On 9-6-2009 17:41, Invisible wrote:
>>> ???
>>
>> "kanardley" = "Can Hardly".
>
> Try saying it out loud. It becomes obvious. ;-)

Ok, now I know what the joke should have been, I assume that that Rolls
Kanardley is a type of car. Presumably from Rolls Royce. I can not find
confirmation for that from the internet. Even if I did, why do you
suppose that I (i.e. anybody in this group) knew that, which I didn't?

It could be something similar to Ford Prefect not working as a joke in
the US and Macintosh not in Europe. I mean we might have a thread with a
regional audience.