POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : False "minimum system requirements" in modern games : Re: False "minimum system requirements" in modern games Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: False "minimum system requirements" in modern games
From: andrel
Date: 6 Jun 2009 17:49:01
Message: <4A2AE44D.2040602@hotmail.com>
On 6-6-2009 23:32, Warp wrote:
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> Regardless of the degree of veracity of anything that has been written
>> in this thread, I'm not sure that such a thread is very relevant here.
>
>> only joking of course. I sorta agree with you in the case where this
>> citations comes from. There is just this problem of this group being
>> p.o-t, so anything posted here is not very relevant here.
>
>   I don't understand what you mean.

That is not entirely true.

> Approximately 100% of people who
> read this group are computer users.
So? A fair amount have views on religion too, close to but not entirely
100% I would guess. Possibly about the same percentage as those playing
games.
> There's a rather big probability
> that a significant part of them play computer games, so the subject
> is interesting to them.
Well, I  don't, but that is not the point.
> The subject is also non-controversial. It's not
> like I'm questioning someone faith or life philosophy.

Not sure if it is non-controversial because it is about games. Some
people have very definite feelings about some games and how much
hardware you need to play them correctly. Besides, if something is
totally non-controversial there is no point in posting it here nor
anywhere else.

Finally, I am sure you read the 'only joking of course' part of my post
too. So this reply is rather silly. Then again, it is probably not
directed at me (see my post in that other thread), so let the innocent
bystanders judge. ;)