POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next evolution in P2P : Re: The next evolution in P2P Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next evolution in P2P
From: andrel
Date: 9 May 2009 09:21:05
Message: <4A058343.9030605@hotmail.com>
On 9-5-2009 12:56, Warp wrote:
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> luckily nobody said or even implied that
>
>   I disagree. The original point seemed to be "now that the pirate bay is
> down, the bittorrent idea might need to be changed", as if bittorrent somehow
> depended on the pirate bay.

An interpretation that is just possible if you
1) do not read beyond the lines you quoted
2) disregard of the quoted part after the comma
3) don't know what the Pirate Bay is
4) assume that Darren is a 16 yo scriptkiddie

If you do take the context it is clear that Darren is using Pirate Bay
to signal that now persons can be held responsible for things on their
server if they can know that it may be violating copyrights. Basically
forcing every owner of a public accessible server to open every
directory and file and check the contents against a list of known
copyrighted material.
Then follows a not explicit assumption that whatever the copyright
'owners' will do, their will be a new way to share songs and movies.
 From that it follows that to circumvent this new hurdle the knowledge
on what is in a file can no longer be on a single server and he gives
scheme to do just that.