POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next evolution in P2P : Re: The next evolution in P2P Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next evolution in P2P
From: andrel
Date: 9 May 2009 06:09:00
Message: <4A05563E.8090700@hotmail.com>
On 9-5-2009 9:59, Warp wrote:
>> I'm guessing that with the move to DHT and the take-down of the Pirate Bay,
>> the next step is going to be to decentralize or at least plausibly deny-ify
>> the actual searching.
>
>   Since when bittorrent == the pirate bay?

One way to prove equality is proving mutual implication

the pirate bay => bittorrent

What Darren said and presumably true (I have never visited the Pirate
Bay nor have I any intention to do that)

bittorrent => the pirate bay

That is the direction you are probably objecting to, wasn't implied by
Darren, and indeed is not true.

Conclusion: you can not prove: bittorrent == the pirate bay

luckily nobody said or even implied that, so your question is based on a
logical fallacy. ;)