POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Going postal : Re: Going postal Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Going postal
From: scott
Date: 5 May 2009 04:12:32
Message: <49fff4f0@news.povray.org>
> A lot of companies don't allow personal mail to be delivered to the
> office.  Reason is they get enough business related mail that hiring
> extra people to deliver people's personal mail isn't enhancing the
> business but does increase their expenses.
>
> I'm trying to think if I've ever worked for a company that has allowed
> personal mail to be delivered there, and I can't think of a one.

I guess it also depends on the size of the company.  Where I've worked has
always been in small sites (100 or fewer people) and there was no such thing
as someone delivering the mail/packages, you had to go and collect it
yourself from reception when you got a package.

Where I work now there are only 3 people in my office, so often I am the one
who opens the door to the delivery guy :-)