POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Going postal : Re: Going postal Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Going postal
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 4 May 2009 14:32:29
Message: <49ff34bd$1@news.povray.org>
>> DHL also sucks. (The Royal Mail at least *attempt* to deliver. DHL
>> couldn't be bothered to do that...)
>
>    Yeah, do you know why that is? I think it's because it's got to the stage
> where they actually deliver the *most* parcels that are allocated for that
> van/truck. I.e., if your parcel was the only one in your area, they'll leave
> it a couple of days (or more?) until they have enough to make it worth their
> while. I can't really see that happening where you are though, but then
> again a full load is better than half a load too.

Well, the parcel was due to be delivered, so I sat next to the front
door. All day. And at the end of the day, I discovered a small slip of
paper shoved through the letterbox claiming that they tried to deliver
at 2PM but nobody was home. This is obviously an outright lie.

I suspect that what they *actually* do is that rather than send round a
delivery van, they just send a guy in an empty van to put notes through
everybody's door so they eventually have to pick up their parcels
themselves. Probably saves DHL a considerable amount of money not having
to actually provide the service they're paid for.

(I did arrange to have it redelivered on Wednesday. Took the whole day
off work. No parcel. Eventually discovered it was scheduled for delivery
Thursday. Not Wednesday, as I'd agreed over the phone. So in the end I
had to collect the ****ing thing myself anyway! And it's quite a long
drive - about an hour each way.)

On top of all that, *then* they had the cheeck to try to charge me
import duty...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/