POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Toy .. : Re: Toy .. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:17:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Toy ..
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 4 May 2009 13:01:52
Message: <49ff1f80@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> I have this one:
>
> http://www.walkera-helicopters.co.za/media/43B.jpg
>
> After a long time I was able to hover and control it pretty well facing
> away from me, but getting your head around keeping it stable while
> facing towards you or left or right is too hard at the moment.

> Maybe I should get one of those ones like yours with the opposite
> rotating rotors, I hear they are much easier to fly?

Counter-rotating is more stable in the air. The one thing that annoys me
about mine, though is the precession it seems to exhibit when hovering.
But, it does seem easy to fly, and it is very stable. I've not had a
chance to fly a collective pitch bird, though. So I can't say whether
it's easier or not.

Thing is, if you're disoriented when the helicopter is facing certain
directions, counter-rotating rotors won't do you any good :)

The one I have also has a gyro built into it's control board, so as far
as yaw goes, it's rock-solid.

--
~Mike