POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Where are my Scene Files..? : Where are my Scene Files..? Server Time
14 May 2024 18:04:06 EDT (-0400)
  Where are my Scene Files..?
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 3 May 2009 02:06:59
Message: <49fd3483@news.povray.org>
After a new installation of POV-Ray, I wanted to do some test renders. But I
was shocked to see, that all my scenes and sub-directories inside my scene
folder - are gone!

All I see there now is a little text file with the following text: "The
scene files can now be found in your Documents directory under 'POV-Ray'.".
I of course went to that folder, but couldn't see anything there. Just the
new installation of POV-Ray was there (why, anyhow, did it install into my
DOCUMENTS, and not into MY PROGRAMS?). The Scenes folder there, by the way,
contained the same funny file with the same funny text. But nothing else.

My question is now: where are all my hundreds of scene files, which I have
developed since the last nearly 15 years? Where are all my include files?
What happened with all my complex spaceship files I did in POV-Ray? And
where are all the scene files I am contracted to work for many clients? Dear
POV-Ray team, please let me know where they are. Please give me the
location. I need them, I have work to do. These files reflect the last
fifteen years of my life and work with POV-Ray. Please assist me. Please
help me finding them. Please.

Please help me in not turning into insanity. Please. Please.

Sven Littkowski