POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mission: improbable : Re: Fizzle Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fizzle
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 1 May 2009 14:43:40
Message: <49fb42dc$1@news.povray.org>
> Nobody said life was easy - there are things one has to work at.

As I say, most other people have folks around them to turn to for
support and encouragement. I don't really have that.

>> Most people fail sometimes, and succeed sometimes. Unfortunately, I fail
>> almost *all* the time. This is extremely depressing.
>
> You *feel* you fail almost all the time.  That's not the same as actually
> failing all the time.  Count the success - as in this case - of getting
> the phone number, and having the courage to ask for it.  That's a win.

Sure. It is. But one win doesn't make up for a lifetime of failure.

(What I need to do is figure out the next step. In various areas. But if
I could do that... I would have already taken the next step, several
years ago.)

> What it looks like from here is that you're looking at the entire
> sequence of events as a total epic failure.  It's not.  There are small
> successes in there and things you should be proud of having done.  So it
> didn't work out with this one - ultimately, so what?  The thing is you
> took a chance, and taking chances is what life is all about.  That's a
> win no matter how you slice it.

I'm quite happy with how it went with this girl. What's depressing the
hell out of me is my repeated attempts to get a job are getting me
nowhere, my repeated attempts to have a social life are getting me
nowhere, my repeated attempts to enjoy myself aren't working... it's
just extremely demotivating when all you experience is failure.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/