POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ripoff game consoles : Re: Ripoff game consoles Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ripoff game consoles
From: Warp
Date: 1 May 2009 13:08:06
Message: <49fb2c75@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] nospam-gmailcom> wrote:
> Yeah, these freaks are well-known in the black markets in Brazil.  There
> was a long-standing Polystation here, but I guess this Runstation will
> finally take over. ^_^

  One thing I don't understand:

  I assume that these shady companies are creating these ripoff copies
of game consoles because they can make and sell them cheaper than the
genuine articles. (Why would anyone buy a ripoff console if it was more
expensive than a genuine one?)

  If that's so, then I find it basically impossible for the ripoff console
to run the games of the genuine console it's imitating. Not while being
cheaper at the same time.

  So that would mean that the ripoff console has its own library of games,
specific to that console. And how many companies are making games for these
ripoff consoles? The game library must be rather small, and probably composed
of really low-quality crappy games.

  So why would anyone buy a ripoff console, which they might be able to use
to play perhaps 5 games, all of them non-mainstream and of crappy quality?

  Ok, there might be a few people who actually get fooled by the looks,
design and the similar name, and buy it believing it's the genuine article.

--
                                                          - Warp