POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Post POV? : Re: Post POV? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Post POV?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Apr 2009 10:57:18
Message: <49f9bc4e@news.povray.org>
"How Camp" <hac### [at] gmailcom> schreef in bericht
> I've been monitoring the POV-Ray newsgroups for nearly a decade, and I've
> seen a
> number of prolific users come and go.  I'm curious what software POV-Ray
> users
> tend to migrate toward after they 'move on'.  Do most convert to high-end
> render packages (I think H.E. Day did this), or is there another
> open-source
> package that eventually steals away the POV community?
>
> I wonder if such users 'outgrow' POV-Ray as an artistic tool, or whether
> they're
> mostly casualties of 'lack of time' syndrome (as I perpetually seem to
> be).
>
> (Not that I'm advocating such an evolution.  I've heard you can catch the
> H1N1
> flu if you don't use POV-Ray regularly...)

My impression is that both cases happen. A top artist like Gilles Tran for
instance, nowadays creates much of his work in Cinema 4D. However, when
somebody is coming back after months or even years of absence, RL has always
been the true culprit.

Thomas