POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 13 scientific questions without an answer so far : Re: 13 scientific questions without an answer so far Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:17:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 13 scientific questions without an answer so far
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Apr 2009 11:16:14
Message: <49f86f3e$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   (I suppose "dilluting makes the effect reverse" makes some kind of
> sense... if you have the IQ of a 2-year-old, that is. I suppose the logic
> might go something like: When you take the harmful element away by
> dilluting, likewise the harmful *effect* goes away, and it takes away
> the harmful effect in anything that it touches.)

No, it's supposedly more like the vaccine mechanism. By taking the ghost of
the poison, your body overreacts and cures whatever has the same symptoms as
the poison.

I only had it work once, and that's after all the other poison-ivy remedies
failed to remedy. Not that I attribute it to the homeopathy, but I had
little to lose but the $5 for the sugar pills. :-)

What I want to know is why people don't dilute placebos, then poison people
with it. The perfect murder weapon!

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)