POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives : Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:14:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Apr 2009 23:30:20
Message: <49f7c9cc$1@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> I am not seeing the point of legally forcing Comcast's hand and thus
> effectively punishing them just because they provide services in areas where
> nobody else is willing to.

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/apr2009/tc20090424_766570.htm?chan=top+news_top+news+index+-+temp_technology

BTW, this is the kind of thing the law is about. Comcast blocking you from
getting to online TV shows paid for by someone else (like Hulu) unless
you're paying Comcast to get that TV show in analog on your cable subscription.

Nothing at all to do with bandwidth.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)