POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : High rez versus high refresh... : Re: High rez versus high refresh... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:17:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: High rez versus high refresh...
From: Invisible
Date: 28 Apr 2009 07:28:44
Message: <49f6e86c$1@news.povray.org>
>> Yeah, but I meant, HDMI is encrypted.
>
> Not always.  DVI can be encrypted too.

Really? That's interesting. I was told this is the defining difference
between HDMI and DVI.

>> I'm not sure whether the laptop really supports generating an
>> encrypted video signal, and if so, from *what*...?
>
> Does it have Vista?  If so then yes it probably does, for example if you
> connect a bluray drive (eg via USB if you don't have one in there
> already) and try to play a movie.  There is probably some API in Vista
> if you are writing a game and want it encrypted output for some reason.

I was *going* to buy the laptop with a BluRay drive (it was only £10
more), but it sold out before I could order it. *My* laptop has only a
DVD drive. (And yes, obviously it's Vista. It's impossible to buy
anything else now...)