POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : High rez versus high refresh... : Re: High rez versus high refresh... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:16:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: High rez versus high refresh...
From: scott
Date: 28 Apr 2009 06:07:33
Message: <49f6d565@news.povray.org>
> Interesting. I *watched* the snooker, and it didn't appear to be in
> widescreen. (Or maybe that's just FreeSat?)

I watch it via my Sky box (that's the same signal as FreeSat isn't it?) and
I certainly didn't notice any stretching (it would be quite obvious in
snooker because there are lots of perfectly spherical objects in view all
the time).  What made you think it wasn't widescreen?

> There seems to be a great lack of the sciency type of programs I like
> these days. We used to have great shows like Rough Science, Scrapheap
> Challenge, Local Heroes, Horizon, BBC Wildlife, etc. Now there's just
> Brainiac... which is rather lame.

Scrap heap challenge was good fun, but it got a bit annoying when they
obviously planted useful stuff.  Like "oh look there's a complete working V8
engine that's just lying here under this rusted car shell".