POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Obsolete technology : Re: Obsolete technology Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Obsolete technology
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Apr 2009 01:18:14
Message: <49f69196$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Like the many ntfstools? I'm sure there's one that can skip free blocks.

Yes, but what's the point in adding a UNIX dependency when there are free
ghosting tools that work just fine entirely under Windows and without you
even having to quiesce the file system before you ghost it?

If you really want to know why someone would pay money for the product, look
at the page on wikipedia to see the list of features it would be a PITA to
put together under Linux. For *some* people, time is money. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)