POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mission: improbable : Fizzle Server Time
9 Oct 2024 16:08:14 EDT (-0400)
  Fizzle
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 27 Apr 2009 16:55:07
Message: <49f61bab$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Ladies and gentlemen, tonight I went out for a meal. It turns out that
> my waitress was quite cute, and definitely very friendly. Long story
> short: I now have her phone number.

Well, it _is_ her number. Unfortunately it's not going to do me much good.

I suggested to her that maybe we could meet up today. Her response was
that she's trying to "sort things out" with her boyfriend so it's
"probably not a good idea".

To summarise:

1. She already has a boyfriend, so she's not going to improve my
lovelife (e.g., by allowing me to *have* one...)

2. She's not going to hang out with me either, so she's not going to
improve my social life.

*sigh* So I now have another name to add to the list of people I
sometimes contact electronically but almost never get to actually meet
up with. Yay, me.

What a disappointing result...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/