POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How well do you know where you live? : Re: How well do you know where you live? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How well do you know where you live?
From: scott
Date: 27 Apr 2009 02:26:38
Message: <49f5501e@news.povray.org>
> About 15 seconds for me - though honestly, with the big stinky lake (aka
> "The Great Salt Lake" and the local giant park (aka Liberty Park), those
> two landmarks make it pretty easy to find stuff. :-)

Ditto here, just looked along the Alps in roughly the right place until I
saw the lake that I live near, then it was easy.

For the house I grew up in it's also very easy, I know exactly where the
town is in relation to a small island, and the house is right on the outside
edge of that town.

I wouldn't attempt to find my father's house though, he lives in the middle
of a massive built up area where every street looks the same, without the
map overlay there is no way I could find it without a lot of time zoomed
right in.