POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How well do you know where you live? : Re: How well do you know where you live? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:28:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How well do you know where you live?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 26 Apr 2009 18:38:49
Message: <49f4e279$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 13:27:23 -0700, Chambers wrote:

> Step 1: Go to maps.google.com
> 2: Zoom out all the way.
> 3: Turn on satellite view and remove labels, so you have just the
> geography 4: Zoom in until you find your house.
>
> It's a surprisingly fun exercise :)

About 15 seconds for me - though honestly, with the big stinky lake (aka
"The Great Salt Lake" and the local giant park (aka Liberty Park), those
two landmarks make it pretty easy to find stuff. :-)

Just for grins, I also did the house I grew up in, that took about the
same amount of time, but I was surprised that I knew that geography still
pretty well.

Jim