POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : High rez versus high refresh... : Re: High rez versus high refresh... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: High rez versus high refresh...
From: Invisible
Date: 24 Apr 2009 07:39:43
Message: <49f1a4ff$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> Still, no matter what you do, there is no way the problem can ever be
>> solved without distortion or black bars.
>
>   You forgot the third option (which most widescreen TVs support): Zoom
> the 4:3 image until it fits the 16:9 screen.

Ah yes, optio 3: cut off the edges. (Which means that any signal
containing a 16:9 image padded to 4:3 aspect looks perfect, while normal
4:3 has bits of the edges missing.)

This is the option I use on my mum's TV. Usually the missing parts
aren't that important. (Although one still wonders why they created this
problem to begin with...)