POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mission: improbable : Re: Epic win Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Epic win
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 23 Apr 2009 18:07:49
Message: <49f0e6b5@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 22:12:10 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> I am?
>>
>> Yes, you are.  You're asking and talking to people, that's a huge step
>> forward.
>
> On Tuesday it felt like a huge step. But...

It was, and it is.

> <Smith>What good is a phone number if it doesn't do anything</Smith>

Sometimes life gets in the way.  Maybe someone in her family got sick or
died.  Who knows?  Try not to assume it's because it's you.

>>> Right now I'm just miserable because she hasn't contacted me yet...
>>> :-(
>>
>> Now we need you to learn patience. :-)  You could always drop in the
>> restaurant for dinner one night....
>
> I intend to.
>
> ...but I'd like to avoid looking like I'm stalking her. o_O

Certainly, but if it's a restaurant you like going to for the food, then
just go for the food.  If she's working that night, she is, and if she
isn't, oh well, at least you got a good meal. :-)

> Patience is one thing, but what if it's not really her number? What if
> she doesn't remember who I am? What if she just doesn't want to talk to
> me?

You can what-if yourself to death.  So stop it.  Just be relaxed and
groovy and see what happens.  And keep on dancin'.

Jim