POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs : Re: Emacs Server Time
26 Jun 2024 04:30:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 23 Apr 2009 13:24:29
Message: <49f0a44d$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

> Anyway, someone suggested mouse would make emacs (and vim by extension)
> obsolete, but this is clearly dull as the mouse is an imprecise analogic
> tool which simply can't compare to the ease of discrete and concise
> commands typed as keyboard shortcuts...

Yeah... no. I still use a lot of keyboard shortcuts. When using
Photoshop, for example, I usually have the tablet's stylus in my right
hand, and my left hand over the keyboard. I rarely do any "mousing" with
the stylus. Everything that needs to be done usually has a keyboard
shortcut. :)

> I rest my case. :)

Yep. But it was the quickest way I could think of. Granted I do scroll
through a lot with the mouse, or use the drop-down lists to navigate to
a specific function within a class. I'm also the type that tends to use
regular expressions to change things en masse.

But here it is with the mouse involved...:

^F3
In the left column, mouse down, drag until you see the first } Mouse Up
^C
^- x2
^V

--