POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives : Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Apr 2009 19:38:15
Message: <49efaa67$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 16:46:12 -0600, somebody wrote:

> I'm pretty sure providing NNTP a sever service, especially with the
> volume of binary postings, isn't all that cheap either.

And many providers don't provide NNTP service as a result.

I don't know of any in the US who explicitly block port 119 to prevent
the customer from accessing a third party server, though.

Or who charge a premium to open those ports rather than use their own
hosted service.

*That's* the topic under discussion.

Jim