POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives : Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Apr 2009 15:42:14
Message: <49ef7316$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 14:32:04 -0400, Warp wrote:

>  Supporting both FM and AM radio
> requires additional circuitry and hardware.

Unless you're REALLY close to the transmitter.  Like under it.

I have an FM receiver that - in close proximity to US airports - can be
used to tune into the ATC frequency for the airport.  US ATC (not sure
about other parts of the world, but I imagine it's the case) is
transmitted using AM equipment.

Jim