POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs : Re: Emacs Server Time
1 Oct 2024 03:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 22 Apr 2009 12:22:34
Message: <49ef444a@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> scott escreveu:
>> Really, I wish MS would ban software that doesn't at least use the
>> standard font, menus, toolbars, dialogs etc.
>
> Emacs and vi were around long before Microsoft began selling DOS.  Their
> standards are as valid in their context as Microsoft's in their
> products.  They won't change their way to do their stuff just because
> there's a new kid in town.  More likely they will thin out and die
> before going that route.

gVim for Windows integrates with Windows quite well.

Example: Selection on Vim usually enters 'visual' mode, so eg. if you
press 'y' after selecting something, it will get "yanked" (copied).

On the Windows port, by default, selection enters 'select' mode, so if you
press 'y' after selecting something, it will get deleted and replaced
with 'y'.