POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : checking allscene from 3.7 beta 32 : Re: checking allscene from 3.7 beta 32 Server Time
29 Apr 2024 06:05:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: checking allscene from 3.7 beta 32
From: Alain
Date: 22 Apr 2009 12:20:35
Message: <49ef43d3$1@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron nous illumina en ce 2009-04-21 07:48 -->
> Rendered the all scenes shellscript.
>
> (linux sources, ubuntu/amd64)
>
> All my gammas are at 1.0, so do not bother with darkness.
>
> Nevertheless, I have the following points which might be checked:
>
>  * chess2.png : a bit too greenish in the reflection ? (cross of kings, and knights,
white
> tower)
Render the same with 3.6

>  * crackle2.png : a missing fifth blue in the middle raw ? (remind me of a bug with
> superellipsoid... probably nothing, but strange )
Ther's a missing piece in the source. You can recreate it if you want.

>  * desk4.png : the initial blank frame is still visible, is the recursion limit good
> enough ? (each iteration get one more desk in frame, not doubling)
Just repeat once more.

>  * samp_demo06.png : the top square between magenta & white is not plain, there is a
grey
> & darker pattern. Is it as intended ?
That looks like an artefact.

> Thanks for your comments.

Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you resign the fact that printing
uses CMYK instead of RGB to one of those tests God gave to Job; otherwise life
would be too painful to go on.
     -- Taps a.k.a. Tapio Vocadlo