POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Antique : Re: Unique Antique Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:28:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unique Antique
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Apr 2009 06:37:07
Message: <49eef353$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> - Some of the code numbers on both the S3 chip and the Holtek chip are
> different on each board, while others are identical. (I'm guessing these
> are serial numbers, or at least revision numbers.)

The Holtek chips say "HT27C512-70" followed by a number that's unique to
each chip. Apparently this part number is a "OTP CMOS 64K x 8-Bit EPROM".

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/64437/HOLTEK/HT27C512.html

"The HT27C512 chip family is a low-power, 512K bit, +5V electrically
one-time programmable (OTP) read-only memories (EPROM)."

Um, wouldn't that make it a PROM rather than an EPROM? The E is for
*erasible*. :-P

...so I'm guessing this is the card's firmware then?