POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Antique : Re: Antique Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:27:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Antique
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Apr 2009 06:23:34
Message: <49eef026$1@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron wrote:

>> I'm going to go out on a limb and hypothesize that I have a 3.3V card
>> and it won't fit in a 1.5V slot... From these diagrams, that appears to
>> be the case. (There's another key not shown, but the board has no
>> contacts on it, and the slot appears to be mechanical only.)
>>
>> Either way, this doesn't help me... *sigh*
>
> The AGP kind is in the name of your card S3 Trio3D/*2X*, the card as a x2 AGP port.

Ah, is *that* what that means? I stupidly assumed it ment twice the 3D
power or something daft like that.

> Nowadays port (well, the latest before PCI-E) was AGP x4/x8
> They are not compatible.
> AGP x2 use 3.3V signaling. You need a motherboard with AGP x2... very old too.
> your card might work with AGPx1 motherboard too.

Heh. Well, these are old, old cards. I decided to keep them as spares,
but I guess there's pretty useless in that capacity now.

> Another sad news expect you: the video connector... modern LCD have no more VGA
connector!
> (and finding a good CRT is an impossible mission nowaday)

Ah, but they all seem to come with DVI-to-VGA converters. ;-)

> Last note for the card:
> It's not even worth the postal stamp

http://www.priceminister.com/offer/buy/5367905/S3-Trio-3D-2X-4-Mo-AGP-2-x-Carte-graphique.html

How interesting... both of those photos look significantly different to
the product I have here.