POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives : Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Apr 2009 18:14:22
Message: <49ee453e$1@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> And vice versa. For a while, ESPN was refusing to serve content to Time
>> Warner because TW wasn't paying ESPN extra.
>
> 	Unless something changed lately, I still don't get ESPN 360 through my
> ISP...

Well, there you go. But that's ESPN extorting the ISP, not the ISP extorting
the customers. Since ESPN creates the content, it seems perfectly reasonable
that they control who can see it, just like any other author. ESPN just
decided it was easier to collect money from ISPs than individual customers.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)