POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives : Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:16:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Apr 2009 14:27:37
Message: <49ee1019$1@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> If you don't like it, don't buy the Sony TV.

That's not what I asked. I asked why it's a good thing.  I.e., why are you
in favor of this becoming a law?

> Buy another brand. In a free
> market, people speak with their wallets. Making it unlawful for Sony to
> manufacture such a TV is not the answer, it is censorship.

And if it were a free market, I'd even agree with you. In practice, it's not.

I take it you're in favor of MS including their browser for free in every
version of Windows and such too. It's a free market, after all. If Dell
doesn't want to sell Windows, they don't have to, so there's no reason not
to have a law preventing Microsoft from making whatever deal with Dell they
want?

> Newspapers already have editors in place to filter out unwanted content. So
> do broadcasters.

Yep. That's different tho, for reasons I already explained.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)