POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives : Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:16:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives
From: Warp
Date: 21 Apr 2009 14:05:10
Message: <49ee0ad6@news.povray.org>
somebody <x### [at] ycom> wrote:
> > 1) The claim that people should be given unhindered access to all free
> > information

> Nothing is free. Bits and bytes cost money to push around.

  I used "free" as in "you can read this article I wrote without paying
me money" (as opposed to eg. "if you want to listen to this piece of
music, you'll have to pay me money").

  I hate the English word "free". It has so many differing meanings that
it's almost impossible to use in an unambiguous way.

--
                                                          - Warp