POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs : Re: Emacs Server Time
30 Sep 2024 22:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs
From: Warp
Date: 21 Apr 2009 12:17:33
Message: <49edf19d@news.povray.org>
> You also can't expect then for people to be happy and cheery when you
> complain that they've misunderstood what you said and accuse them of
> intentionally reading things you write "in the worst possible way" (ie,
> apparently not the way you intended it).

  I don't expect someone who reads my posts for the first time to
immediately understand what I mean if I happen to make a less-than-wise
choice of words.

  However, when the same people I have been communicating with for
years do it again and again, and we have had the exact same conversation
like a couple of dozen times, it starts becoming a bit irritating.

  I'm not saying I'm not to be blamed. I sometimes do not think with
utmost care how I express things, but there's generally no foul intention
(unless I get trolled, of course). The people here who I have been
communicating for years and years should know this, but this conversation
comes up again and again.

  Is it any wonder that I get the feeling that, after all these years,
they are intentionally picking up the worst possible interpretations
to everything?

--
                                                          - Warp