POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives : Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 21 Apr 2009 11:59:28
Message: <49eded60$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> internet will adept to that. What happens if you add a connection to
> your neighbour that has another ISP? Will that be illegal because you
> now have access to sites your ISP does not want you to see?

	Actually, under typical TOS in the US, that _would_ be violating your
TOS. I'm sure somewhere in the TOS of my ISP, it says that I will not
share the Internet with other apartments. People do it all the time, but
in a legal sense, you're violating the contract.

	To answer your question: Other than the TOS issue, it won't be illegal
- apparently even with what I understand from the proposed law. If you
circumvent the filters set in place by _your_ ISP to get access to a
higher tier while paying for a lower one - that would definitely be bad.

--
"The security of the Enterprise is of Paramount importance.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl