POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives : Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Apr 2009 11:48:14
Message: <49edeabe$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Why
> should you be able to force companies to offer everything, if they don't
> want to that's their choice.

It's not that they're "offering everything". They have a connection to the
backbone, and that's what you're buying. Then they want to charge more based
on what happens on networks they don't own.

If I want to read the ESPN sports network website, and my ISP filters
packets coming from ESPN's website, and ESPN isn't on the same ISP, that's
like your local post office refusing to deliver mail for products you bought
online.

It wouldn't be so bad if there were lots of competition for ISPs, but there
really isn't. It's not like going to a clothing store in a mall, where if
they don't carry your size you go next door.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)