POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives : Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives
From: somebody
Date: 21 Apr 2009 11:00:32
Message: <49eddf90@news.povray.org>
news:49ed9d53@news.povray.org...
> scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> > >  If an ISP started censoring all websites related to a political
party,
> > > should they be allowed to do that? What if all the ISPs started
blocking
> > > all political parties except one? Should they be allowed to do that?

> > It wouldn't be very popular, but IMO it shouldn't be illegal.

>   I suppose you are entitled to your opinion. However, I would at least
> hope that that kind of behavior from the part of ISPs would be highly
> illegal in most civilized countries.

Why? Different broadcast and print media companies already have their
biases, agendas and contents. You as a consumer are free to pick between
them.

I see nothing wrong with one ISP promoting themselves as a family ISP,
blocking all pornographic content, and another one blocking the boring stuff
and focusing on pornography alone, for instance.