POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives : Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:16:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives
From: somebody
Date: 21 Apr 2009 10:52:16
Message: <49eddda0$1@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote in message news:49ed8c94@news.povray.org...

> You are talking like there is some basic human right that you should have
> access to every single website in existance?  Why on Earth should that be
> the case?

Agreed. As a sidenote, some piracy advocates claim that there's some basic
human right that guarantees them access to every single bit of infomation
out there. I call that the "entitlement mentality". There was a point not
too long ago where creators were respected and it was a priviledge to be
able to purchase and enjoy the fruits of their hard work and investment.
Nowadays, creators and providers are regarded as greedy scumbags if they
don't give you the heaven and the earth for free.