POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives : Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 21 Apr 2009 07:33:36
Message: <49edaf10$1@news.povray.org>
Le 21.04.2009 12:51, Invisible nous fit lire :
>>> I suspect the ISPs really want to change their eg $10/month plan into
>>> two separate plans.  Where plan A is $5/month without access to (eg)
>>> any streaming video or torrents, and then a plan B that is $20/month
>>> and has access to everything.
>>
>> Which would very soon be referred to by the record companies as the
>> 'family package' and the 'illegal download package'.
>
> Yes - because BitTorrent is *only* used by people trying to steal stuff,
> right? I mean, it's not like people like me use it to download open
> source software or anything like that...

Correct!

Like cars is only used, we are in 1910, by the anarchist Bonnot (Jules) and his gang.
The rightful police is using the bicycle.
Therefore, all cars owner are only a band of anarchists or supporting anarchists.

Transportation fee, to offer more choice to the citizen:

Plan A is of course the "family package" (in 1910, for the nobility, not the basic
workers, no fancy holidays for the workers!).
And Plan B is for the "anarchist package".

As a consequence, in 2010, GM should be closed and seized for a century of supporting
bank's robbers.

That's a perfect demonstration, isn't it ?

(ps: if you do not get the irony of the allegory, get lost)