POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives : Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:15:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Apr 2009 05:44:58
Message: <49ed959a@news.povray.org>
>> Where's the problem?
>
>   I was talking about the logic of argumenting that limiting choice is
> increasing choice.

And, as I said, this is basic politics. Claim to be doing something for
reason X when in fact you're doing it for reason Y.

I'm sure that at least one or two of these "green initiatives" are
actually being implemented because they make somebody quite a lot of
money, nothing to do with saving the plannet. Indeed, if it's making
somebody money, it's probably _harming_ the planet...

And besides, in the strictest sense of the word, you are increasing the
cardinality of the set of available products. You're removing the option
everybody wants so you can replace it with lots of more expensive
options that nobody wants. ;-)