POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs : Re: Emacs Server Time
30 Sep 2024 20:11:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs
From: scott
Date: 21 Apr 2009 02:55:11
Message: <49ed6dcf@news.povray.org>
> It's still too little to bother, I guess.  You talk like as if pressing
> space and being presented with a graphical menu that works like any other
> graphical menu you ever saw is the end of the world.

It doesn't.  The menu disappears seemingly randomly if you stray too far
from it, the menu order is reversed if you open it too near the bottom of
the window, the menu gets clipped by the edge of the window rather than
being display on top of it, it doesn't respect the user setting for sub-menu
open delay, it doesn't reopen at the new point if you press space again.
It's all the little features that OS designers spend so much time over to
make life easier for everyone, and then some developer comes along and says
"nah, we're just going to use our own menu system".

> Those fighting it surely already migrated to something else...

Yep exactly, and the Blender developers don't care, because it doesn't
affect them how many people are using it.  Such a shame because underneath
there is a great program, which would probably grow to be even better if
more people were involved in the project.