POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 16bit heightfield editor? : Re: 16bit heightfield editor? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 16bit heightfield editor?
From: Alain
Date: 20 Apr 2009 21:46:16
Message: <49ed2568$1@news.povray.org>
Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann nous illumina en ce 2009-04-19 08:25 -->
> High!
>
> To improve the small moons and asteroids in my PoVSolar project
> (currently, they look pretty "greebly"), I tried to reactivate my old
> copy of HLA (based on John Beale's HF-Lab, back in the 20th century...)
> - but found out that it does not run anymore under Windows XP (and I
> could not get dosemu for Linux installed, but that is quite another cup
> of tea).
>
> So I would like to know whether there are other heightfield tools
> available which are capable of editing 16bit POV-Ray heightfields - most
> important to me would be a blurring function!
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar

In XP, you have compatibility mode. It allows you to run a programm in older
environments, like Win 95, Win 98/ME,Win NT (Sp 4) or Win 2000.
Just create a short cut for it, right click to get it's properties. Select the
Compatibility tab and chose the environment you want.

--
Alain
Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to